Wareside Village Hall has been serving the community for as long as anyone can remember. We're available for hire for any purpose you can think of, birthdays, christenings, rehearsals and concerts. We're also home to 'Wareside Entertainers', and provide a hub for the greater community. Wareside is a small village with a great pub, situated in glorious Hertfordshire countryside 3 miles from the town of Ware.
Available for hourly hire, Wareside Village Hall offers a delightful venue for all types of functions, including parties, weddings, group meetings (regular or occasional).
The hall is licensed for 120 persons. There is a large main hall with a sprung dance floor. Hire includes catering facilities. The kitchen is suitable for hot and cold food preparation and includes a cooker, microwave, kettles, urn, fridge, freezer, crockery and cutlery.
There is a bar which also has a fridge and some glasses.
Opening Hours: Open 365 days a year, 09:00 to 23:00.
Accessibility: Disabled entrance and toilet.
Facilities: Private car park.
Registered charity number 302487
Date of AGM: March
The Hall is licensed for 120 persons and may be booked for events taking place between: 9.00 am – 11.00 pm
Cost for hire of hall (including kitchen and bar areas): £15 per hour
We welcome children's parties but please note, the hall is not suitable for teenage parties.
A returnable deposit of £100 is required to cover any breakages or additional cleaning.
Location: The Hall is in Wareside, on the B1004 just 3 miles East of Ware, next to The Chequers Inn.
Ware Road, Wareside, SG12 7QY
Judy King: 01920 467223
Kay Kerr: 01920 460191
Doug Cook: 01920 467010
Click on an image for a better view...
The hall was built in 1926 by Hitch & Co, on land leased from the Buxton family at a peppercorn rent and with subscriptions from people in the village. The Hall continues to be leased from the Buxtons to this day.It was officially opened on 24th September 1926. The hall was run by a management committee made up of members from the organisations using the hall. The Trustees were the Church Wardens. In the early days there was a small library charging a penny per volume for 14 days. The hall was used by The British Legion, The Women’s Institute, a Men’s club and the Cubs. Whist Drives and dances were held. In 1939 the hall was used as a schoolroom for children evacuated from London. In 1987 an extension was constructed, which included improved toilets and disabled facilities. Nowadays the hall is used for: Wareside Entertainers who perform plays, pantomimes and variety shows; Taekwondo; Pilates; Keep Fit; Yoga; Dance; Parish Council meetings; Elections; Weddings and Birthday parties for a range of ages (although the hall is not suitable for teenage parties). The committee members are Kay Kerr, Judith King, Douglas Cook, Ann Bartlett and Debbie Rudgley; who meet once a month. New members would be most welcome.